Search

We couldn't tell our parents about my brother's Aids

I Wish For...Image by Rabblefish via Flickr

It is rare enough to see a full page in a mainstream newspaper about AIDS even rarer when it is not AIDS in Africa (one of my gripes with the media here). Imagine my surprise when this frank account of a sister was published in the Irish Independent on 7 April 2008 (yes, just a year ago... I am a lazy blogger).

I am looking for similar stories, if anyone can help please add a comment to this blog.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Secret Orphan said...

I couldn't tell anyone about my mom having HIV when I was 12. Of course, this was in 1990. Anyway, I'm writing a book about it and blogging about the experience. You may want to check it out at secretorphan.blogspot.com

Thanks for your site. I like it.

Secret Orphan said...

I couldn't tell anyone about my mom's HIV when I was 12. Of course, this was in 1990. Is that what you mean by "similar stories?" I just started a blog about the process of writing a book about this experience. You may want to check it out. (secretorphan.blogspot.com)

Positive Thinker said...

Thanks for sharing your story. So many people are affected by AIDS and HIV in so many ways, every voice makes a difference, however loud or faint. I look forward to your updates.

Recent Posts

Please come back soon...